Whitefield Gymnasium Guidelines
Wednesday, October 07, 2020
Below are the guidelines for Whitefield Public School Gymnasium at this time:
- Masks are to be worn at all times. They may be taken off to eat or drink, but must be put back on when finished. Those in participation on the court (players, referees, coaches) do not have to wear a mask. Players waiting to play or that have completed play must wear a mask.
- Social distance when possible. This is quite possibly the biggest obstacle we will face at our gymnasium. After attendance reaches a certain level, we have no options to social distance. Our gym does not have the seating or area to do so.
- Due to the limited seating and social distancing recommendations, we will ask that spectators who are watching only a certain game or games arrive 10 minutes before the game and leave after the game is completed (watching multiple students play in multiple games is acceptable). For example, if you want to watch a 5/6th Grade Boys game with a start time of 6pm, please arrive around 5:50pm. Hopefully, the game prior to that will have ended, and some of those fans will be exiting and more seating will be available for distancing purposes. This is not ideal, and is not what we prefer (we prefer a packed house with cheering fans), but it will allow for others to come in and help maintain social distancing when possible.
- There will be no standing in the lobby area unless you are waiting on a player in the locker rooms or concession.
- We will be asking that coaches or staff check each player's temperature before participating in basketball games. This can be done at school before arrival.
Thank you for understanding. In order to see our athletes on the court, we have to do our part! Go Bobcats!
Scott Shepherd, Superintendent
Whitefield Public School